Thursday, September 23, 2010

Lone Star

I watched Lone Star last night. The buzz around town "great show, but disastrous ratings, about to be canceled."

So I watched. It was freaking terrible. Incredibly Smug. From the lead actor all the way down to the camera position. Smug, smug, smug. And dumb. And predictable. What I like to call "fake smart." There is nothing worse than fake smart things. Things like American Beauty or 500 Days of Summer. I hate fake smart. It's just one big bluff. Like you can tell the creatives went to some doucey liberal arts college and took all humanities classes their entire lives writing essays on books they didn't read and just bluffed it. And they get critics who did the same damn thing reviewing their show to accolades. Anyway, I'm just making up this shit, but it's my impression. And to write on your blog "pretty please, watch my show." Gimme a break. The stink of desperation.

No comments: