Monday, September 13, 2010

Facebook Ghosts

Using Facebook to get personal information. This is corporate espionage.

And from The Atlantic, a Facebook reckoning.

Because, let's be clear, Facebook is philosophically run by people who are extremists about information sharing. Though I choose to talk about my politics, or my identity, or my medical history or my personal relationships, I can do so primarily because I have the privilege to do so thanks to my social standing, wealth, and the arbitrary fact of being born in the United States. I also have an identity that isn't considered offensive or off-putting enough to face serious repercussions.


Facebook brings out the worst in us. We are not meant to be profiles. Our lives are not meant to be viewed, they are meant to be lived.

No comments: