Friday, June 11, 2010

World Cup: Mexico - South Africa

I only caught the first half as I needed to attend physical therapy. Mexico looked far superior, but failed to capitalize on several good opportunities. South Africa looked bad. I forgot how much pleasure I get just from seeing the way the teams look. I thought South Africa would at least have a few white players, being a Dutch colony, etc. But I guess not. Mexico looks a little stronger than in years past, but perhaps it was because of a weak South Africa team. Bad offsides call in the first half, although the goalie was out, so it was close. Mexico should have been up 2-0 at halftime, and then just got away with a tie in the end. Soccer is funny like that. Surprised how excited I am to watch basically any WC game right now. Tomorrow's games should be nuts.

No comments: