Monday, November 19, 2007

Lumet

A bullshit, kiss ass review of Lumet and The Devil Knows You're Dead.

Let me say this: Lumet has some great movies - Network and Q & A. Some very good movies - Dog Day, Serpico, 12 Angry Men. He's a famous movie director, wrote a book, is old and still working. But it wouldn't surprise me if DKYD is the worst movie I see this year. It felt 6 hrs long. Interminable is what I said when I walked out the theater.

Let me say this about Lumet and forgive me for being harsh and maybe wrong. But I suspect, by looking at his body of work, the man is all technique and no soul. There is a place for it, when he has great source material, ie Network. But you also risk TDKYD.

Ps- Marisa Tomei is still ridiculously hot. How can Lumet believe she would be married to Philip Hoffman in this movie? Come on.

No comments: