Monday, November 19, 2007

Hollywood Blacklist

A writer-producer is brought up in front of a WGA Disciplinary Committee to prove he wasn't working. What a goofy world we inhabit...

a) Imagine going to a disciplinary committee to prove you were in fact, not doing your job.

"I have proof here sir - on my computer server - that I spent the hours 10am-noon perusing the internet and writing personal emails and not, as you claim, re-writing the dialog as I was being paid to do."

b) In Hollywood, it is a social faux pas to rat on writer's participating in Communist activities...a worldwide movement who can claim more deaths to it's credit than the Nazis (when you combine Stalin's purges, Mao's Cultural Revolution, and Cambodia's Killing Fields) and yet one SHOULD rat on writer's who write during a strike designed to bump up residual payments. Hmmmmm.

c) And I basically agree with it.

No comments: