Friday, August 17, 2007

Long Week

It's been a long week. I started a new job and even thought it's been slow, just getting acclimated has taken all my energy. Plus the commute to Santa Monica and my efforts to circumvent rush hour traffic have contributed to a lack of blogging. It's been exacerbated by the discomfort of my new computer and the fact we have Safari, which makes hyperlinking harder...as you will see later in this post.

So...things have still happened:

I'd give my left nut to develop this story into a screenplay.

Patti Smith sang a shit gang load of covers last night at the Santa Monica Pier.

In Iraq it looks like the surge is working to quell violence, but there are little to no signs of political progress being made. See Instapundit and Kevin Drum for details.

American Born Chinese is a great little graphic novel.

Beckham's free kick. I highly suggest pausing and rewatching from the behind him POV where you get to see how the ball moves. It is way crazier than the best MLB curve ball.

The Treatment: My long commute gave me excuse and reason to buy the car ipod converter, so now I listen to back episode of the Treatment with Elvis Mitchell. What an incredible show. A few of guests aren't up to Elvis' intellect and those are fairly painful to listen do...do you hear me, Adrian Grenier? What was that about? A last minute replacement because of heavy traffic on the 10?

Wild Oats - the hippy Santa Monica version of Whole Foods. They have a great faux chicken parm...it's like chicken meatloaf parm with sundried tomato paste. Really tasty.

My new job - answering phones, making coffee, scheduling stuff...yes...but already learning a lot. I hope it's useful. Reading, too. Lots of reading.

Sunset Junction - this weekend, got free tix for being a neighbor. Great!?! Except it's the last thing I want to do...

Tennis - need to find a Santa Monica partner who will like to play every day at 6pm until the traffic dies down...my racket is restrung, new balls, and the itch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Download Firefox onto your Apple. It works just as well as a browser and has the hyperlink buttons.