Saturday, May 05, 2007

Most Memorable Movie Characters of My Lifetime

My movie lifetime starting with Return of the Jedi...

Not necessarily in any order -

1. Luke Skywalker. This one is tough because so many memorable characters from Star Wars - Chewy, Han Solo, Darth Vader. But I think Luke Skywalker is kinda the most memorable because he's the main character and Mark Hammil isn't associated with anything else other than Luke and paradoies of Luke.

2. Rocky Balboa. Toss up between this and Rambo, but I think Rocky is more memorable.

3. Gorden Gekko. Wall Street. Easy choice.

4. Jules from Pulp Fiction. Samuel L simply cannot play anything other than variations of this role anymore. It's as if the role took over his life.

5. Jack Sparrow. I've just been watching and re-watching Pirates. Goddamn is Depp watchable.

6. The Terminator.

7. Anne Wilkes in Misery. Not just an obligatory women, Kathy Bates had the performance of the year when this came out.

8. Kaiser Soze...a little credit also must be given to the serial killer in Se7en where Kevin Spacy in the span of a year or two had two of the most badass bad guy roles in my lifetime.

9. Tony Soprano. Okay, I know it's not a movie, but it's damn close and to me, he rivals Michael and Vito Corleone in American gangster lore.

10. The Big Lebowski. A cult figure for every frat guy and wannabe frat guy on earth.

I know I must be missing a ton. Thoughts?

Update: Obvious misses - Hannibal Lector, Indiana Jones.

No comments: