Friday, October 21, 2022

Thoughts on NBA Players 2022 

Kahwi - he is my favorite player to watch. Underrated intelligence, a feel for the moment, can make brilliant plays on both ends, a good shooter that can score at all levels. Physical beast. Just too bad he's always hurt. 

CP3 - he's on my fantasy team and tbh, I'm very worried this is the year father time catches up.

LeBron - I'm not worried about father time for this guy. I wish he were a better shooter from deep. I wish he had better players around him, although this is largely his own fault. He's a tremendous passer, but any arguments for GOAT status need to reconcile the fact the Warriors owned him for the entire 2nd half of his career.

Draymond - not out of the question this guy finds himself in jail at some point in his life. I find him super irritating and an overrated defender. He matches up well against larger players, but faster players like Kahwi or Pascal Siakam or even Robert Williams render him a liability. Good passer though for a big man. Obviously a critical piece for the Warriors, he toughens them up.

Kyrie - love watching him play, but wouldn't want him on my team.

Westbrook - oooffff.

AD - when he's cooking, he makes it look easy. 

Steph - most innovative player in my lifetime. A winner and team leader at Jordan, Magic, Bird level. Impossible to say anything bad about the guy. Flaw is defensive prowess, but makes up for it with intelligence, and gravitational impact on the other end. 

Michael Porter Jr. - a very difficult player for me to watch, the guy seems like he can't even dribble. But he's 6'10" with a brilliant, smooth stroke. And the bad back at his age. I just don't know. Can you imagine LeBron passing to him wide open instead of Westbrook and Pat Bev? Good lord.

Joker - maybe my second favorite player to watch. Incredible durability and efficiency. Completely unique. Greatest 2nd round draft pick in history of NBA, right?

Trey Jones - seems a little small and slow to my eye on first impression, but we'll see...

Devin Vassel - eye test looks good at moments, but in past seems like he disappears. Hard for me to tell.

Luka - tough, uses big body incredibly well. Great skill, but a tad overrated as a shooter. Complains too much, but might have a really good team around him this year. 

Ayton - looks like he could be Hakeemish, but isn't. Bad hands. Bad feel for the moment. Looks like a big guy who can stay healthy, his movements are smooth. Better shooter than you could think. But doesn't seem to block a lot of shots or get as many rebounds as he should. 

Zinger - great shot blocker, but bad rebounder. Has a smooth stroke, but shoots a poorer percentage than you'd like. Feels to me like not quite a winning player, but capable of putting up the most insane fantasy stat lines.

TBC

No comments: