Monday, October 24, 2022

Logging

TV: House of the Dragon S1 Finale

I have several problems with the show, despite wanting to watch it. Dramatically I'm unsure how the filmmakers want us to feel about the characters and factions. Simply put, are we supposed to be on team Rhaenyra or team Alicent? The filmmakers seem ambivalent. With GoT, our sympathies clearly lie with Stark vs Lannister although they manage to complicate these feelings later on in the show.

The book Fire & Blood is written like an academic history of Westeros and my critique is such a POV doesn't play as effectively as a TV drama. The show tries to disguise itself as a TV show when in fact, the source material is actually fake non-fiction. 

My other problem is with how the show handles these situations of childbirth. My question is why? These scenes have minuscule dramatic impact. Pure cringe.

No comments: