Sunday, September 27, 2020

Basketball

I texted to a group, partially joking, my rankings of guys I want to start a franchise with:

1) Bam

2) Luka

3) Joker

4) Giannis 

I know it sounds crazy, but hear me out. Bam is the most well rounded of all the players. He's also the versatile. The guy is plug and play. 

I love Luka. But Luka needs the ball. And plays the same role as almost all the top players in the league -- meaning -- who do you pair him with?

I love Joker. But Joker isn't great defensively. He gets in foul trouble. He's out of shape.

I love Giannis, but he can't shoot. And he especially can't shoot free throws.

Bam won this series for the Heat. He won Game 1 with an incredible defensive play. Then he won Game 6 down the stretch on offense. Now...granted...Bam did this not by imposing his will, but by spotting an advantageous match up and executing, but...

ISN'T THAT EXACTLY WHAT WE WANT FROM OUR BEST PLAYERS!!!

Look at Tatum tonight doing a Kobe impression. 9-26. That's the legacy of Michael Jordan for us. Force up.

I'll take Bam. You can pair him with a A-/B+ star like Butler and you're going to the finals. Imagine if he were paired with an A-lister! Kawhi, Luka, LeBron, etc. 

Alright...

That said...I think Lakers win in 6. As good as Bam is, I don't think he can guard AD. I think AD is unguardable. And they got LeBron and Miami has Jimmy Buckets.

Miami can win games if shooters go off. Lakers can win games because they have playoff Rondo.

Pick: Lakers in 6. 

No comments: