Monday, October 09, 2017

Sunday Night

Football: Smith was incredible and continues an MVP year. Chiefs lost two important offensive players to injuries, though. They are getting near a breaking point, which would be terrible since they're playing so well. I think when Mike Nolan drafted Smith, this is the type of offense he imagined. Smith has never had the weapons. Never had a true #1 receiver who gets guys on their heels. Now he has one: Hill. With a great TE and and awesome new RB, and confidence, he's showing why he was a #1 pick over Rodgers in the first place.

Too bad for the Texans, losing Watt and Marcellus (sp). Because they have an exciting new team. But before everyone starts heaping on too much about Watson -- those 2-3 touchdowns toward the end of the game were a) garbage time and b) lucky. I mean, there were just a couple of hail mary type throws that the Chiefs were giving about 75% since the game was out of reach. I'd be a bit wary on anointing Watson just yet. He looked a bit Russell Wilson-y to me. Which is a complement, but I also think Wilson is a tad overrated.

The Deuce: Easily my favorite show on TV. I love it.

Curb: I laugh a few times, but it's a bit geriatric. Also, I've seen a lot of the jokes before. Love JB Smoothe, though.

No comments: