Monday, October 09, 2017

Brie Larson

Tweets about getting hit on by a TSA Agent and it causes a right wing uproar for her disdain of a normal guy. Now usually I'm on the guy's side in these cases -- guys have a right to make a move on a woman. I felt Clarence Thomas and Herm Cain both were fully within their rights to assume female attention suggested the possibility of sexual interest and therefore not in violation of any social norms (or especially, laws) by taking it one step further.

BUT...we're talking about Brie Larsen, who I like. And TSA Agents, who I don't like. First of all, Brie Larsen didn't request to be in a TSA line. She didn't rub elbows every day and develop a friendly, casual banter with the TSA guy. She was trapped there, like all of us, who must travel on planes. It's a miserable, unsexual situation. They search our stuff. Force us to remove our belts and shoes. They look through our wallets. And as far as I know, they have never caught a single terrorist. Now maybe this is just the world we live in now. And I understand maybe it works as a deterrent, but we've all been in those lines. The people working them are not the sharpest tools in the shed. They are slow, often inconsiderate, and generally unpleasant to be around. I would not want to be hit on by one of them. And Brie Larsen expressing disgust about it on twitter. THAT'S WHAT TWITTER IS FOR!

The Right wing populist weirdos are adopting the norms of the oversensitive left by whining about every last thing. I support Brie Larsen's right to be disgusted by TSA Agents. I often am.

No comments: