Saturday, October 15, 2016

Logging

New HBO

Westworld - Fallen asleep twice trying to watch the first episode. Not that it was bad, but I wasn't a fan of the Groundhog Day element. Second episode, however, was pretty awesome. Probably the one show I'll be keeping up with weekly.

Divorce - Ouch. Painfully bad. Again, the HBO trend of mistaking awful people for "realism." Too bad, because I enjoyed Catastrophe.

Insecure - A mumblecore movie with African American female characters. Made without dramatic craft. Pitch for pilot: a girl tries to cheat on her boyfriend. Maybe Issa Rae is a compelling personality...and I emphasize the maybe...I could see an Ellen DeGeneres like future for her.

Random other things:

The Good Wife - I can see why people like it.

Midnight Run - ages really well. Probably better than any movie released this summer.

Ray Donovan - definitely in a league below the great cable dramas, but watchable nonetheless. Jon Voigt stands out.


No comments: