Monday, November 03, 2014

She Trafficks In This

Lena Dunham upset over accusations she molested her sister, which she writes about in her book.
Dunham writes of casually masturbating while in bed next to her younger sister, of bribing her with “three pieces of candy if I could kiss her on the lips for five seconds . . . anything a sexual predator might do to woo a small suburban girl I was trying.” At one point, when her sister is a toddler, Lena Dunham pries open her vagina — “my curiosity got the best of me,” she offers, as though that were an explanation. “This was within the spectrum of things I did.”
Little kids do weird things. But what's not cool is the adult gleefully sharing this stuff to sell books. Then again, this is what Dunham does. She over-shares, solicits outrage, disgust, and any sort of emotion she can wrangle in order to make the discussion about her.

What I don't like about her and her fans is that she is a child of privilege who plays the victim. Strike that. What I don't like about her is that she plays the victim.

No comments: