Thursday, November 20, 2014

9/11 and Power

I'm coming around to the POV that America basically overreacted to 9/11.

I'd still like to point out, I don't agree with the liberal position against the Iraq war and that it was essentially about oil. I still believe it was about 9/11 and facing the threat of Islamic Terrorism as a region problem in the Middle East. And maybe there was someone out there talking about Islamic Terrorism smartly at the time, but I followed the debate closely, and don't remember it. Today, I feel like Al Queda essentially got lucky on 9/11 and it wasn't necessary for America to try and shake up the region to contain and combat the threat. But you gotta remember, we were scared and had every reason to believe -- and still should -- that Al Queda and like minded groups want to use WMDs against us. So, we made a mistake. But the thing about mistakes is that often you can't know they were mistakes until they were made...

No comments: