Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Metta on the Finals

I love this bit hidden at the very end of this article.
"So, as a fan, sometimes to see LeBron not take over, I'm kind of like, 'Come on, let's do it.' His pops went to jail with my older brother. My brother spent 10 years in jail, they were locked up together. I'm a fan of LeBron, so I always want to see him do well and sometimes I'm like, 'Step it up! Start playing.' "
Pretty incredible.

Spurs just whooped them last night.  Miami does not play hard all the time.  I have no idea what's going on with them.  Ray Allen had a play when he should have put a hard foul on Leonard in the first half and he just let him get a dunk.  I couldn't believe it.  I know Ray-Ray is old and just likes to shoot 3's.  But come on.  NBA finals.  Play it out and then retire.  Who wants to win a ring by just hitching their carriage to LeBron?  You gotta seize it as a team and I just don't see them playing that way, talented as they are.  I don't blame LaBron for shrinking sometimes.  The pressure these days is enormous.  But someone has to say to the guy "just play."  Don't overthink.  You can see him trying too hard sometimes to get his teammates going in the beginning.  Just play.  Have fun.  I know it's easier said.

Still, I'm rooting for Pop and the Spurs.  Love their team.  Parker isn't playing well right now, though, and there's no way to keep up the three point craziness.

No comments: