Sunday, June 23, 2013

Logging

Book:  Storm of Swords

The third book in the Game of Thrones series and the best of the books.  I got so taken by the Red Wedding, I turned back to the books (I stopped after the first two), and read this 925 page beast in about 2 weeks.  Such great fun to get into a book and so rare.  Of course the thing is imperfect and of course it is different from the show.  But who cares?  I've learned that when you can just enjoy the read, you need be happy and thankful and let the voice of the critic be drowned out.

Game of Thrones is such a unique and fun reading and watching experience.  The texts complement one another really well and I even enjoy going to the Game of Thrones Wiki to read up on the history of certain characters and to remind myself of who is who and related to whom, etc, etc.  Very fun and I suppose, incredibly nerdy.

No comments: