Monday, April 22, 2013

Old Man Miller

Watching bits and pieces of the Warrior-Nuggets game, I got emotional watching Andre Miller play.  28 points.  Go-to guy getting a great shot at the end of the game to win it.  I can't root against either of these teams - they're just too likable.  I remember hearing a story about how Miller would often show up fat and out-of-shape at the beginning of each season because he would just eat McDonalds in the off-season.  But he would always play his way into shape and then show up big in the playoffs.  I miss that element of sports.  I'm tired of all these guys working out all summer, getting injections of alien substances into their bodies to turn themselves into super-humans.  All this "work."  We forget this is a game, too, and we watch because we want to see humans play.  Miller is a human in a game where we reward and celebrate robots (Kobe) -- and now LeBron and Durant are turning into robots as well.

No comments: