Monday, March 18, 2013

Kindle Testing

One of my favorite aspects of the kindle is the free sample to test out whether you like books or not.  Recently, I tested the following:

Homicide Life on the Killing Streets by David Simon.  Really good so far.  Obviously the basis for the tv show and later, The Wire.  Probably will read the whole thing someday.

Fletch by Gregory McDonald.  Don't think I'll be reading this one, I was mainly curious about the tone and how he mixes comedy and mystery.

Vision of the Anointed by Thomas Sowell.  I'm a fan of this guy.  This book talks about why fuzzy generalities and fantasies about improving the lives of disadvantaged people lead to reckless and destructive social policies.

The Jasons:  The Secret History of Science's Postwar Elite by Ann Finkbeiner.  I didn't like how this book was written, but I'm surprised this group of mysterious scientists haven't been popularized already by some tv show or movie.


No comments: