Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Logging

Film/Animation:  Ratatouille

Good for what it was.  But I had a realization watching about these Pixar movies -- they are easier to write than "real" movies.  They are able to maximize dramatic irony and set up good situations because they aren't constrained by real world logic.  I think if you went back and examined all the Lassiter/Pixar movies, you'd find this same issue, and why a smart betting man might bet against the directors/writers coming out of this school in their transitions to live action.

Brad Bird did Mission Impossible 4, which did well at the box office, but was pretty preposterous.

Andrew Stanton did John Mars.

And I suppose we'll see what happens with these new Star Wars movies.

I'd say there is some evidence supporting my suspicion.


No comments: