Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Logging

Film:  Killing Them Softly

Boy...well, I didn't think it deserved an "F" cinemascore, but it was far from a masterpiece.  You'd think with the Dominick pedigree and this level of dialog from the source material, it'd be tough to go wrong.  Goes to show plot and ideas matter.  This core concept of the movie taking place during the 2008 election feels so dated and hackneyed, I can't believe no one in the brain trust just said - we have to take it all out.  Overall, the casting felt a bit off as well.  Johnny Sack, Richard Jenkins, the guy from Animal Kingdom, all were in the right general concept of casting, but it didn't glue together for some reason.  A puzzling overall movie and yet, I still found myself enjoying parts.  I'm such a freaking sucker for guys with guns movies, it is like tossing a dog a bone.

No comments: