Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Tebow Time

I'm no fan of Tebow.  I wouldn't want him on my team.  I wouldn't bet on him.  All that said, it was painfully obvious the Jets needed to play him last night.  He was going to score a TD when they had it in the red zone.  You could just see it.  He was incredibly pumped.  He wanted to play.  He was going to will it.  And then, down 6 points with 3 minutes left in the game.  Your offense has scored 1 TD in like 3 games.  Why not give the ball over to Tebow?  It at least would have been interesting.  Even on football and non-religious grounds.  How do the Texans defend?  They can't give up the deep pass at that point, so Tebow runs and does short passes and marches up the field and at least you get a shot at the end zone.  With Sanchez, you get nothing, but a high probability at an interception.  If you've got nothing else, I think Tebow is a good option.  The Jets certainly have nothing else, except Joe McKnight...

No comments: