Monday, April 09, 2012

Logging

TV: Game of Thrones, season 2, ep. 2

There is a cost to killing off your main character...and I think we are learning it right now...the show feels a bit uncentered this season. I still love it. I love the look, the attitude, the characters. We suffer from wanting to be with characters more. This is one of those good problems, I guess. I suspect this season will not be as rewarding as season 1. There is no shame in it, but I'm just lowering my expectations. At the moment, I am regretting, a tad bit, having read the book for season 2. I wish I were enjoying this is real time and so I may hold off reading the third book at all.

I would rank this world as the greatest fantasy achievement of all time. I prefer it to Star Wars and Lord of the Rings, and I haven't read Harry Potter, but I'm sure this is better -- what else is there?

No comments: