Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Hulu Plus

A note...the movie Something Wild is on Criterion Collection, but cannot be found on Hulu Plus. Why? It seems as though Hulu Plus only has certain Criterion movies. This is my single biggest frustration with streaming both on Netflix and Hulu Plus - you can count on very little. These services are becoming auxiliary tv channels, not much different that free on demand that can be found via cable. I see this as a problem. Netflix started as a mail order video store and as such, closed down video stores, like Blockbuster, etc. Blockbuster, of course, closed down the mom and pop shops. But now, where can we rent movies? Luckily, I live down the street from Vidiots, which will be the last video store on the planet and they seem to be on the brink of going out of business. This is a major problem for the movie business and me, as a fan. Where will I be able to get movies in 3 years time?

No comments: