Monday, April 16, 2012

Logging

TV: Game of Thrones Ep. 3, Girls Pilot

GoT is still slow going. I suppose season 2 is not going to be as satisfying as season 1. Maybe because I read the book. Maybe because the newness factor wore off. I'll still watch so long as they keep making. This should not be confused as criticism, I still think it is the best show on TV.

Girls. I have an idea - let's throw a mixer between the girls in Lena Dunham's world and the guys in Noah Baumbach's world. They can live happily ever after off their parents and talk about ennui until the end of time. If Lena Dunham is in fact the voice of her generation, I suspect the Chinese will be running the world in about 20-25 years -- and then, she won't even have the option to blog. The glowing reviews of the show worry me. It means either a) I totally don't get it or b) the reviewers are all totally full of shit and have bough hook line and sinker into the best free PR hype since Mark Sanchez joined the Jets.

No comments: