Thursday, September 08, 2011

Blogging Format

So it looks like I inadvertently am changing my blogging format. I'm too damn lazy to figure out to exactly recover the old way and plus, maybe it is time for a change. I'd been meaning to update my blog-roll anyway. This new format allows for more customization, but also forces you into using Google-shit, like losing Sitemeter and replacing with Google-analytics. Big surprise. I was perfectly happy with Sitemeter counting my visits. It game me inspiration each day to see 10-20 visitors and kept me writing. To this day, I have never made a penny from my blog and don't imagine I ever will. This is what Google-analytics is tries to accomplish. That said, if Google wants to give me money, I'd take it. It is frustrating to lose the Sitemeter. Perhaps I will try to recover it. I was somewhere around 67,000 lifetime views, which I thought was pretty damn cool. I know 50,000 is a great number for a youtube video and it took my nearly 8 years to accumulate what some people make in hits in one day. But somehow, that doesn't make me any less proud of the total.

No comments: