Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Hurt By The Strike

The rumor is the strike will be officially over this Saturday.

Last night I was watching this strike shortened season of 30 Rock (AGAIN). I've seen every episode at least twice, if not four or five times. I'm so lame and pathetic.

But anyhow, they were on a real roll this year. Every episode has some incredibly funny moments. Baldwin portraying Tracy's family, Lemon thinking her next door neighbor is a terrorist, "Little Chechyna," Baldwin ruining "Top Chef," Greenzo, I could go on and on. It was a fantastic 6 episodes.

It reminds me of the Jerry Rice 1987 strike shortened season where he caught 22 touchdown passes in 12 games. That was an NFL record until this year when Randy Moss caught 23 TDs in the most prolific offense in the history of the NFL. Yeah, wrap that around your head. 12 games - 22 TDs. The guy could've caught 30.

Rice was still good after that, and I have confidence 30 Rock could be good for at least 2 more seasons. But they hit a roll this year and momentum is hard to account for and manufacture. When you get it, you just need to take it and ride it...because it doesn't happen often.

No comments: