Thursday, April 01, 2004

LA Restaurant Listings

the criteria: must affordable + either be fun or tasty, or both. that's it. i'm starting a list, and taking suggestions.

1. alegria on sunset (recommended by Chuck D.)
3510 sunset
www.alegriaonsunset.com
no checks or cc
323-913-1422

2. Zankou Chicken
Sunset and Normandie
I love the chicken, but most folks are crazy about the garlic sauce. Great hummus too. The Aremenian chicken joint in LA.

3. Muchos Tacos
Vermont and Prospect
I've got soft spot for Muchos because I used to live down the street. I pretty much only get the Veggie Burrito. Be forewarned, my roommate is pretty sure he got some food poisoning there...however, I've eaten there about 100 times and not felt a thing. It has an A, which is more than I can say for most of the ones listed here.

4. Vito's Pizza
Vermont and Monroe
Well, it's closed for a couple of months for renovations, but this place has got CHaracter, with a capital CH. And good pizza.

5. Fat Burger and/or In and Out
All over the place. I'm still loyal to In and Out, but Fat Burger's are closer to my house and school.

6. La Taquiza
Figurora and 2 blocks north of Jefferson in a mall.
Our 507 hang out. Great chicken tacos. Mmmmm.

7. El Salvadorian Place
Sunset and Hyperion (across from Casbah Cafe)
I don't know the name of this place, but I really like their papusa's, which only cost about $1.50.

8. Urth Cafe
8565 Melrose at Westmont (west of La Cienaga)
Total westside joint, but it's affordable, fun, and well, Urthy.

9. Eat Well CafeSunset and Hyperion
I love this place for breakfast. Great hashbrowns. A little pricy for students....I mean, it'll cost you $10 for a big sunday breakfast with coffee, so not bad, but not cheapy.

10. Fred 62
Vermont and one block south of Franklin
It's simply a cool place and open 24 hours. One of the best things about Los Feliz.

11. Some Sushi Joint
Hyperion and ? near Trader Joe's in Silverlake
It's this little sushi joint where you can bring your own beer, I don't even know the name of it, I stumbled upon it because I was going to party near there and thought the Sushi was great for the price. I'll get the correct info.

No comments: