Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Apologies for not blogging more recently. My mind has been in weird places and blogging momentarily lost it's appeal. I've been super busy with a bunch of things, namely lining up a project to produce next semester. I've found a director and narrowed it to his two scripts. I'm happy about that - one of his scripts was my tied for number one choice.

What else? Stressed about work this summer. Stressed about finishing off this semester and all the work associated. Feeling pretty good about how Bellydance is coming together, although this last set of dailies was underexposed. I'm not really sure why - I think I must have over compensated for the bright sunlight. Shooting outdoors is a pain in the ass.

Had some folks over for Easter dinner the other night and predictably it turned into a drunken ass-slapping event. I'm not sure why my little get togethers with friends, in college, post-college in SF at ZIA and Celerity, and now in film school, tend to get just slightly crazy and goofy. I don't consciously do anything to create that atmosphere, but I've noticed a trend when I host small-scale get togethers. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but I remember Dina back in SF once told me this wild night on the town in SF with all these work folks getting crazy was all my fault. I never knew what exactly she meant and whether she had any evidence of my direct responsibility, but my ego led me to believe she was onto something. When I asked her why she meant, she snappily respond, "You know what I mean."

No comments: