Monday, January 29, 2024

Logging

Film: Anatomy of a Fall

Fairly gripping examination of a troubled marriage. If I have a complaint, it would be this: never for a moment did I believe she "did it" and so from a mystery/procedural perspective I found the drama a bit lacking. That said, I walked in a few moments late and don't know what I missed at the beginning of the film. On some level, I read this film as a plea for sanity. 

Another random thought: everyone seems to think the 21st century will be the story of India and China's rise. Europe has become an afterthought. But if I could place a bet, it would not surprise me if a European woman was the one to create a Fortune 500 company. If I could wager, I would bet on a European woman over the favorites: American, Indian, or Chinese.

No comments: