Thursday, November 24, 2022

"The West"

We are troubled. We struggle to deter a diminished superpower like Russia from a military invasion. We can't seem to have elections without major controversies. We have a hard time playing a soccer tournament without it becoming a social-political statement. Shit...I go into a Starbucks line and witness people trying to order coffee nowadays and it seems as complex as brain surgery. Maybe something has become broken in our minds...I'm serious about this coffee thing...today a guy in front of me was trying to order four coffee drinks, finds out the Starbucks doesn't have cookies and cream something or other, so he needs to do a phone call and explain the situation to someone (presumably his wife), they have a debate/discussion before he is able to order another drink. I think we need computer assistance to keep track of these coffee choices for each and every person. Why does everyone have such complex coffee orders? "I want a light agave macadamia nut iced latte, but if they don't have macadamia nut, I'll have almond milk, but in that case, no agave...etc." Ad nauseum. The only thing worse than Starbucks are fancy ice cream shops giving out samples. People will wait in line 30 minutes these days to pay $8 for a cone of ice cream.

Happy Thanksgiving. I give thanks for the World Cup and the US of A despite all my moaning.

No comments: