Monday, September 26, 2022

Logging

Film: Elvis

Enjoyed, particularly Butler as Elvis. But maybe not a memorable film story that I'll go back to.

TV: House of the Dragon S1 E6

Still not great yet I really enjoy watching. This coming from someone who has literally read all the books, so I guess I'm a GRRM fanboy? Whereas I would basically recommend Game of Thrones the show to anyone...and recommend the books to anyone who likes fantasy, or the show, etc...I probably would not recommend HOTD to anyone but the large sized fans of the Westeros world. For instance, my wife got into GOT, but couldn't make it through 1.5 episodes of HOTD. Anyhow, the show isn't a disaster and has recovered since E1-2.

Film: No Time to Die

Haven't yet finished, but I feel a professional obligation to watch all the James Bond films. One of worst trends in movie storytelling these days - a presumption the audience knows, cares, or remembers what happened in the prior film. Who is responsible for this nonsense? Even Top Gun Maverick had a bit of this - like our audience actually remembers the "Penny" character reference from the first film, ie the Jennifer Connelly character? With Top Gun at least this comes across as almost like an absurd joke, but in watching Bond (and MCU) and other things, I feel like these filmmakers really think the audience follows what happened before. Maybe some of them do. I certainly do not.

No comments: