Friday, January 14, 2022

Covid Response

We've beyond the absurd now, aren't we?

I got omi, so perhaps it changed my perspective or just hardened a few things. Here those are:

1) The vaccinations were vastly oversold.

At first, 2 pfizer shots gave you 95% protection.

Then, it was 95% protection for 6 months. Then, it was 91% protection with the booster. Then, it was 91% protection against severe disease and death. Then it was some sort of high percent protection against severe disease and death and a little protection against the new variants.

And now, it's basically: this shit does nothing against transmission with Omi, but thank god Omi is weak, huh?!?

2) Tony Fauci's job was never to keep America safe based on "science," but rather to be a weather vane about what Americans would accept in terms of a COVID response without hanging government officials from lamp posts. 

3) The best argument in favor of the Feds "testing plan" for Omi is that even in the best case, the testing wouldn't have worked. 

4) Unbelievably, Biden's COVID response actually seems worse than Trump's...especially given he had all the tools to fight COVID -- vaccines, tests, and experience with the disease -- all of which had to be built under Trump. I mean...speechless...

5) Masks don't really work, do they? But for the record, I'm still wearing even at home with omi to help prevent spread. 

6) I get emails from 3 separate institutions regarding COVID rules - my employer, my son's daycare, and my son's school district. They all have different procedures and rules regarding testing, response to exposure, response to infection, etc. I'm sure everyone is experiencing something similar if you life has any level of complication.

7) Gregorio (my dark Jungian shadow persona) feels the trillions of dollars spent, the 2 years of lockdowns, and total ruination of American culture and society was not needed for what ended up being a worse than average cold. 

No comments: