Monday, April 29, 2019

Game of Thrones

Per the internet, S8 E2 was one of the greatest episode of all time and S8 E3 was a disappointment. I'm more in between. Brianne getting knighted was a terrific moment, but I felt like episode 2 was too many of the same type of scenes. Now, I get from a story perspective needing to do this, but it nevertheless felt a bit repetitive to me. Episode 3 had some awesome moments. The Dothraki Sword lighting? Are you kidding me? Awesome! The Red Woman overall stole the show. Her final moment - stunning. The Arya stuff was badass as well. Hiding from the wights and of course, the Knight King death blow. I get it didn't have the spectacular, gut wrenching plot turns of the Red Wedding, etc, but I've given up hoping for that as we moved past the books.

Biggest downsides to last night: dragon fighting and the overuse of slow motion. I couldn't follow the dragon fighting at all. I thought two dragons died - Jon Snow's and the Night Kings, but then they both showed up again. Confusing...

For the people who say it was too dark, I say, it was at night.

No comments: