Sunday, February 03, 2019

Logging

Book: Fire and Blood by GRRM

The history of 300 years of Targaryen rule in Westeros. This shit is catnip for me. If someone can show me a better straight storyteller than GRRM, I'm waiting. Regardless how you feel about his tone, the genre, the literary merits of the writing, the straight storytelling skills he employs, various POV, innuendo, breadth and scope of character, landscape, history is remarkable.

Film: Fargo

Improves with time and it's saying a lot. If Fargo were released in the 2010s, it would be the best film of the decade. (I haven't thought about this at all, but figured I'd make a ridiculous overstatement).

Various Family Stuff: Snippets from Ted Bundy documentary, Frye Festifal doc (netflix), Extraordinary Houses on Netflix, Cars 1-3...my only thought is that the hosts of Extraordinary Houses were annoying and gave me a headache.

No comments: