Saturday, January 05, 2019

Temperature In Food and Beverage

Is highly underrated by joe average. Temperature is critical to my enjoyment of a number of food and beverages, so much so, the wrong temperature makes great food or beverages inedible or undrinkable. For my taste, here are the relevant levels of temperature:

Ice Cold
Fridge Cold
Room Temp
Luke Warm
Warm
Hot

I just ate some porridge that when hot was unenjoyable, but when luke warm was delicious. It got me thinking of this post. What other foods/drinks are like this?

Ice Cold - martini. A non ice cold martini is not a martini as far as I'm concerned.

Fridge Cold - water. Only slightly better than ice cold. Pudding? This one isn't coming to me easy.

Room Temp - sandwiches

Luke Warm - porridge (see above)

Warm - most food and soup, etc.

Hot - coffee. Duh.

No comments: