Thursday, September 27, 2018

The Testimony

Ford came across as credible. So did Kavanaugh. If I could gamble on what happened, I'd bet she was assaulted by someone other than Kavanaugh, but I realize that's a really stupid thing to say.

The thing that makes me most believe Ford is the fact she names 4 people at the party all of whom were friends of Kavanaugh. She couldn't make this up, so I believe she was at parties where Kavanaugh was.

But the thing that makes me believe Kavanaugh is his strong denial of anything even resembling the event happening and the fact that the 4 people named all deny the event taking place. Very tough to buy all 4 would completely deny even the party taking place -- no one being able to remember anything about it at all or something resembling it.

Seems to me the key to figuring out what happened is this "2nd guy" in the room that according to Ford, she knew better and hoped would stop what was going on.

Great entertainment. Terrible for the greater good of our country and souls.

1 comment:

PWD said...

Fantastic closing line, G. Black. (I was especially interested to hear from you.)