Saturday, February 22, 2014

Logging

Film: The Great Beauty

A terrific Italian movie about...everything...life...Rome.  I suppose it was really about Rome.  One day, I hope someone makes a film about Los Angeles in this way.  Who could do it?  Tarantino?

Film: The Hunt

I was rather disappointed by this film.  I love Mads Mikkelsen.  Am a big fan of Vinterberg.  But the situation and writing seemed a bit absurd to me.  They went to such great lengths to establish his innocence and yet every adult in the film so easily turns on him, even after the police dismiss the case.  If you watch a play like The Crucible, you feel the heat of injustice, but in in this particular film, I felt frustrated with the basic manipulation of character behavior by the filmmakers.  Reading about the Woody Allen case is more interesting and nuanced.

Yesterday was a foreign language Oscar nominees day!

No comments: