Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Who Isn't Suffering During the Recession

I got pizza for lunch today and spent $10. Two slices, a salad, and a drink. I get two slices because one isn't enough from these fancy thin slice type of places. In fact, some of these type of places - my favorite, by the way - I could eat three slices if I'm really hungry. Something changed - pizza used to be a cheap lunch. No longer. These type of places, the cheese slices are minimally $3. I suppose two slices of cheese and you're only spending $6, but still. I notice myself spending upwards of $8-$10 at a pizza places these days. Granted, the quality is high, but the the idea behind pizza was something cheap to do with day old bread. You know?

On a similar note, since we moved office and our coffee machine isn't fully operational, I've spent roughly $10 in two days on coffee. I blame Profetta, this fancy style coffee shop that doesn't even serve regular coffee. That's right. Americano is the closest you can get. But they're good and I'm a yuppie douche bag, so...

No comments: