Saturday, May 03, 2008

Fixie

Well, not exactly. I just bought a single speed bike for commuting to work (not a fixie which is a one speed for super skilled riders and won't move with pedaling forward and sometimes doesn't even have brakes). I'm incredibly excited. This morning I already did several errands around SM driving around on the bike. So awesome. Quicker than walking, not having to deal with a car. Amazing. I got a simple commuting-style single speed bike which I guess are quite popular in SM and around the beach because of the flat terrain. They are much lighter and faster and more efficient than a beach cruiser, and without the complexity, expense, and weight of a nice road bike or mountain bike. My biggest concerns with getting a bike were getting it stolen, but they way this bike is designed, without quick releases, it seems less likely to get stolen. Plus, it looks cool.

No comments: