Thursday, May 29, 2008

Bring Back Short Round!

NOTE: I would warn that I am ruining the movie by reading further...but I couldn't possibly ruin this movie, it's so incredibly bad.

George Lucas is movie-poison. When the guy touches a project these days, it turns to terminal cancer and makes hundreds of millions of dollars. Too bad money can't buy a soul.

Seriously, though. The guy has lost his mind. The opening shot of Indiana Jones reveals all: an ILM generated groundhog pops out of a hole in the ground. Hunh? What the f--- was that?

Other low points:

-Indy surviving a nuclear bomb test by jumping in a fridge
-The "tell me it's a rope scene." Wouldn't survive a 532 intro directing class
-Character reactions after toppling over maybe the biggest waterfall in South America. They get out of the water like they just got off a water slide at Raging Waters. I laughed out loud at the absurdity.
-The double and triple crosses are as complicated as a character saying "I'm double crossing you!" and then later saying "I'm triple crossing you."

High points:

-Karen Allen has one nice smile.
-One good dialog exchange when Karen Allen and Indy see each other again for the first time:

"Well, my life has been really awesome!"
"My life has been incredible also!"

Was it worth the price of admission? And consider that I used a free Grove pass...NO.

***Totally weird side note: Indiana Jones part 4 is the biggest problem with America. The anti-American folks around the world should be writing about Indy 4 instead of Iraq and McDonalds...because what Indy 4 does is takes a nice successful franchise and exploits it to make shitpiles of money, which just cheapens everything. Modern America, for her wonderful attributes, does have a tendency to sell it's soul to the masses clamoring for products and crap to fill up empty time. And this is something we should be embarassed about.

No comments: