Thursday, July 06, 2006

Greg's All World Cup Team

If I had to put together a squad to play, this would be it:

Goalie - Buffon - ITL
Left Back - Zambrotta - ITL
Right Back - Thuram? - FRA
Center Back 1 - Canavarro - ITL
Center Back 2 - Terry - ENG
Left Wing - Ribery - FRA
Right Wing - Christiano Ronaldo - PORT
Center Mid 1 - Appia - GHA
Center Mid 2 - Rosicky - CZE
Forward 1 - Henry - FRA
Forward 2 - Adriano - BRZ

My favorite player is off: Zidane. I love to root for him, but it's hard to argue that he'd beat himself 8 years ago. Plus, this is a team I think would play well together. I'm shakey on the right back, I don't know who is best...and with the wings, there are a bunch of guys who would be good, but those two were the most impressive to me this tournament. Guys I hate leaving off: Odonkor, Essie, Ballack,

No comments: