Tuesday, December 08, 2020

Professional Screenwriter

My son told a story in the tub tonight (loosely based upon real events):

One day, I walked into the bathroom and saw a poo in the toilet. I flushed it. The end. 

I told him the story was a bit boring and maybe he needed to do something in the story. He protested. "I did do something - I looked at it."

I offered to pitch an alternative take:

One day, I walked into the bathroom and saw a piece of chocolate in the toilet. Yummy. I reached in to eat it, but realized it wasn't a piece of chocolate at all, but a small piece of poo. Yuck! I threw it back in the toilet and flushed it away.

This story was a great big hit. They asked me to repeat it 6-7 times. I now have a contract to write a sequel.

1 comment:

PWD said...

"don't touch it!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPxiXGr9nFM