Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Logging

Film: Us

Liked the beginning, but the main "story" myth is so ludicrous and nonsensical that it's a challenge to suspend disbelief and give oneself over to the film. 

I now understand why despite the film making a ton of $$, I never hear anyone talk about it.

I can picture Jordan Peele in his dark moments asking "how does Chris Nolan do it?"

TV:

Selling Sunset > Good Lord Bird

There's a trend in prestige tv to use a young african american character as a pov/narrator this season - see Good Lord Bird and Fargo S. 4. But these characters are given less than zero personality and come across flat and empty. I can't help but venture to guess our present "woke" entertainment climate has our writers walking on eggshells so much they don't dare write a human being.

On the flipside, I'm captivated by the unyielding melodrama of LA female real estate agents operating in the Hollywood Hills. I'm on team Mary.

No comments: