Sunday, November 25, 2018

Logging

Film: Tag and The Spy Who Dumped Me

Plane watching while holding sleeping children. I didn't want to get up to get my headphones from the overhead, so I watched with subtitles and am not convinced I missed anything. Which I suppose, is an insult of sorts. Are these kind of movies really just tv shows without any legs? I mean -- why see either of these films in a theater? Laughter with a crowd? Maybe that is the thing. I found neither movie offensive or terrible. It beat looking at the back of the seat. If forced to choose, I enjoyed Tag a bit more.

Book: A Wanted Man by Lee Child

My first foray into the Jack Reacher universe. Enjoyable mystery/thriller. Does an interesting structural thing in this one -- maybe in all of them -- but cuts back and forth between POVs, giving the reader a whole lot more information than the characters. So we are ahead of the characters and sort of putting together the pieces of the story and I think this is the main enjoyment of the thing. Makes the reader feel intelligent.

No comments: