Friday, September 13, 2013

Logging

Film:  Blue Jasmine

Woody Allen gets away with a lot more than other filmmakers.  Is it the track record?  Or skill?  In Blue Jasmine, people fall in and out of love more quickly than they change their clothes.  I don't really buy it in a real-world dramatic sense.  But I suppose I go with it in the whimsical Woody Allen world.  I see this clearer now that I've written (or, tried writing) characters who fall in love.

I feel like people didn't like this movie much, but I actually found the Cate Blanchett character to be pretty interesting.  Structure-wise and other character-wise, there was nothing innovative or special, but the movie can stand alone as a character study.  Well worth a $6.50 matinee at the big screen at the Los Feliz 3 theater.

No comments: