Sympathy for Arday
Much ink was spilled over how the world mistreated Arday and thus contributing to his suicide. Many folks offer their own accounting of blame. Bravo to them. Curiously, no one did the same over Jeffrey Epstein. Why not? Was not his suicide a similar scenario of intense public shame?
I can hear the retorts - Epstein was a criminal; Arday was but a fraud. Yes, on a moral accounting ledger, there seems to be a difference. But then I see these other things out there - the requests for empathy from therapists and other leftists about this woman who murdered her three children, the understanding and fandom around Luigi, and the comparable *lack* of sympathy for Charlie Kirk's death. And I wonder...are any of these moral questions, really? I'm not even sure they are political. My suspicion is that they are aesthetic.
My sense is AOC might ride her newly found singledom (and suggested availability) into the Presidency and Taylor Swift will never be as popular again. But if AOC were to get fat and ugly, she will lose her popularity and Mandami will take up her mantle.
No comments:
Post a Comment