Friday, September 25, 2026

NY Times top 100 TV shows of the 2000s

Here's the list. Not terrible and nobody cares about my take, but I'm gonna give it anyway!

1. Breaking Bad

Fair.

2. The Wire

Fair.

3. Mad Man

Nope. 

4. Succession

A little high.

5. Fleabag

No complaint.

6. Game of Thrones

Fair.

7. Veep

Too high.

8. 30 Rock

Fair, deserves credit for injecting life into a moribund form (sitcom)

9. Curb

Fair, deserves a boost for enduring relevance and singularity of vision and production process.

10. Atlanta

DEI, but I like the show.

11. The Office US

Tough one...I give nod to Office UK for originality but an argument can be made for Office US. Deserves bonus for talent identification -- what others went on to do post-Office.

12. Arrested Development

Fair

13. Girls

DEI

14. Friday Night Lights

Fair.

15. Six Feet Under

No context for having an opinion.

16. The Office UK

See above

17. The Americans

Seems a bit high

18. I May Destroy You

DEI

19. Chernobyl

Nope

20. The Crown

No context for having an opinion.

21. The White Lotus

Fair.

No comments: